Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day to all my blog reading friends. I hope you all had a great day.  Mine was pretty good, starting off with a nice breakfast with my Dad and sister, Karen (a bi-weekly event).  We talked about a lot of things and it was a special time together. The afternoon was busy with running DS and DD to hockey and piano after they got home from school.

After dropping DD off for his hockey practice, I thought I'd go to MCC, a great thrift store out here in Abbotsford as we had about 45 minutes to kill before DD's piano lesson. DD wanted to wait in the car and listen to her iPod, so I said OK.  Not a big deal, right? Well, I wasn't in the store 10 minutes when DD comes up to me and said "Mum, someone hit your van!" We ran outside and somebody had backed into the front of my van and left a pretty good scrape on it.  I have to tell you that my van is new (to me).  I picked it up from the dealership LAST TUESDAY.  It's a 2006 Honda Odyssey and I traded my 2003 Odyssey in because of the high mileage.  So the new van isn't new, but is new to me.  Didn't even have it for ONE WEEK!!!

As if it weren't bad enough that somebody backed into me, they then LEFT without leaving any information!  DD was inside the van when it all happened, but was too afraid to get out - poor kid.  Can't really blame her (she IS only 12), but sheesh, the other vehicle MUST have known it hit SOMETHING!  So, the next hour was spent driving DD to piano and making a police report for the "hit and run".  There's a fair bit of damage to my van (probably around $1000 or so). At least no one was injured - it could have been worse.

Now I have to deal with insurance and all that goes along with making a claim. It was a bit of a stressful day, but I was thinking about it later and in the overall scheme of things, it wasn't that bad. The car can be fixed and it's just a "thing".  I remembered the day I was diagnosed with cancer - now THAT was a stressful day!  This didn't even come close, so it wasn't bad!

Hoping you all had a loveable day!!

1 comment:

Jean said...

Hi Audrey! I'm so glad to see you are using blogger to host your blog. When Homestead changed their format, I found I could no longer comment on your blog, no matter what I did.

I'm so glad to see you and your family (humans and critters) are all doing well, hit-and-run in the MCC parking lot notwithstanding.

Jean